- Times SPARK is an initiative of and the sole property of Bennett, Coleman and Company Limited (“BCCL”).
- Period of contest: The Times SPARK initiative starts from 25th July 2017 till 1st Jan 2018.
- Students of class IX to XII can apply for this programme in two different levels:
- Level – I for students with birthdate from 01.07.2001 to 30.06.2004
- Level – II for students with birthdate from 01.07.1998 to 30.06.2001
Participating in Times SPARK & Winners of scholarship:
- Participant can be defined as an individual/ student, the details of the student to be furnished during registration entries.
- All participant’s details will be verified through an SMS. Please make sure that you get your DND removed through your operator.
- The winners will be adjudged basis their score achieved in the online test combined with personal interviews of the shortlisted candidates. The selection of winners completely rests with Bennett Coleman & Co Ltd.
- The terms of engagement with the participants/winners will be defined Bennett Coleman & Co Ltd. at a future date.
- There will be 4 stages of the contest:
- Registration for the scholarship test.
- Articles will be published in the TOI copy over a period of three months.
- Test will be conducted at the end based on the articles published.
- Personal interviews of the selected candidates by a jury
BCCL solely reserves the right to modify/add to the above-mentioned terms & conditions
Rules and regulations
- Times SPARK will be hosted with the start and end dates as decided by BCCL. BCCL reserves the right to modify, cancel, discontinue or terminate Times SPARK at any time or to accept or reject any or all entries at their absolute discretion without giving any prior notice and without assigning any reasons whatsoever. Decision of BCCL will be final and binding on all participants and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Times SPARK may change the Terms and Conditions of participation at any time without prior notice. The amended Terms and Conditions of Entry will be effective immediately upon being posted on the website. Important changes to the Terms and Conditions may be highlighted on the website www.times-spark.com for your convenience; however, you acknowledge that it is your sole responsibility to regularly visit the website to read any changes to the Terms and Conditions
- Participants hereby agree not to provide or make known his/her e-mail address to any other person for facilitating such person's access and unauthorized use.
- Participant hereby agrees that all content herein is the sole property of BCCL and/or its Times SPARK partners.
- Participants hereby agree that upon posting Information or conducting Communications, he/she grants BCCL and its successors and assigns a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, unrestricted license under your copyrights or other intellectual property rights in such Information or Communications, if any, to use, license, sub-license, adapt, distribute, display, publicly perform, reproduce, transmit, modify, edit and create derivative works from such material in any and all media, in any manner, in whole or in part, now known or hereafter developed without any duty to account to the participant.
- Participant hereby waives all rights to any claim against BCCL or its affiliates and Times SPARK partners for any alleged or actual infringement of any proprietary rights, rights of privacy and publicity, moral rights, and rights of attribution about such Information or Communications.
- Participant grants BCCL the right to authorize the downloading and printing of such Information or Communications, or any portion thereof, by other users for their use.
- Participant hereby agrees that BCCL may, in their sole discretion, terminate or suspend his/her access to all or part of Times SPARK for any reason, including without limitation breach of these Terms and Conditions (or any subsequent modifications hereof)
- Participant hereby agrees that BCCL, its affiliates, and any independent contractor and Times SPARK partners engaged by BCCL to assist in moderating Times SPARK, shall not be liable in any way, and the participant hereby also agrees to indemnify and hold harmless The Economic Times/BCCL, its affiliates, and any independent contractor and Times SPARK partners to assist in moderating the Times SPARK, from any claim, demand, proceeding, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) made by any third party relating to or arising out of
- your use of this site or any information, products, services or software available on or through this site;
- your breach of these Terms and Conditions or other improper act or omission by you;
- any inaccuracy, error or delay in, or omissions of
- any such data or information on the Times SPARK or
- the transmission or delivery of any such data or information;
- unauthorized access
- theft; or
- any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by
- any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission;
- non-performance or
- interruption of any such data or information due either to any negligent act or omission by the Times SPARK or BCCL or to any "force majeure" (i.e., flood, extraordinary weather conditions, earthquake, or other act of God, fire, war, insurrection, riot, labour dispute, accident, action of government, communications power failure, or equipment or software malfunction) or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of BCCL.
- BCCL and its affiliates and Times SPARK partners shall not be liable to you or any third party for any claims related to your termination from the Times SPARK.
- BCCL is providing this Times SPARK website and its contents on an "as is" basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this website or the content, information and materials contained within or accessible through this site, including without limitation, that they are accurate, complete or current.
- BCCL's decision will be final and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. The entries shall be the sole property of BCCL, who shall be free to use the same for any promotional or other activities in future.
- BCCL holds no warranty and makes no representation regarding the quality of the prizes, if any. All the prizes will fall under the standard terms and conditions for warranty as defined by the concerned Company by whom the gratification is sponsored/ manufactured. Winners of the Prizes shall be bound by the terms and conditions as communicated to them by the respective sponsors.
- Participants are solely responsible for any expenses incurred in participating in the Times SPARK or in the acceptance and use of the prizes. BCCL and sponsors shall not be responsible for any loss or damages suffered by the winners while availing the offer.
- BCCL and group company employees and their children cannot participate in the programme.