Terms and Conditions
- These Terms, Conditions and Guidelines (these "Terms") are applicable to and govern the "Times SPARK Scholarship Program"
(TOI SPARK) organized and conducted by Bennett Coleman & company Ltd ( BCCL)
- By participating in the Exam, Participant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Terms
- These Terms may be modified without any prior notification. Participant is advised to regularly review these Terms.
If there is any disagreement with any of the Terms and any amendments thereto, Participant must not participate in the Exam
Times SPARK 2017
Times SPARK Scholarship Program
Bennett Coleman & Company Ltd (BCCL): Personnel from BCCL or appointed/engaged by BCCL, who are responsible for the conduct of the Exam
Any student that registers on the website and is eligible as per the rules & regulations
These rules and regulations governing the Exam, as amended from time to time
Objective of the Scholarship
To provide an opportunity to the Participants compete and be eligible to have a chance to win scholarships as governed by the terms defined herein.
Eligibility Criteria for participation in the Exam
Participants of the age group between 13-19 years will be eligible to participate in Times SPARK 2017 and can apply for this program as per the following defined levels:
Level I: Students studying in classes IX and X as on Jan 01, 2018
Level II: Students studying in classes XI and XII as on Jan 01, 2018
Participants should be currently studying in any of the following boards i.e State board, CBSE, ICSE, IB from a government affiliated institute.
Undergraduate and students below IX grade are not eligible.
For the entire participant below 18 years of age; a parent consent letter will be required from the legal guardian. This will be required to be submitted at the time of Interview round
The final eligibility of the Participant will be subject to the discretion and approval of the Management
Times SPARK Exam process
Once the Participant lands on the website; the Participant needs to register by creating their user name and password and entering basic information
The Participant must read the terms and conditions and click on "Accept"
A One-Time Password (OTP) will be sent to the mobile number provided during the registration process
- Management will not take responsibility in case the participation does not receive a SMS due to issues
from the service provider / incorrect mobile number entered / registration for DND / or any other cause beyond the control of the Management
Once the Participant receives the OTP on the mobile number, the Participant must enter the OTP on the registration page
Once the OTP is entered, the Participant must complete the registration process by entering the following details:
- Name (First Name/Last Name)
- Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Gender (Male/Female/Others)
- The Participant must ensure that supporting documents (Age proof, address proof such as Passport, Ration Card, Aadhar Card etc.) are available for verification at all times
- The Participant must ensure that the mobile number provided during registration is operational at all times throughout the duration of the program as important communication would be sent
via sms, Tele-calling, IVR etc. Management will not be responsible if the for any reason the Participant is not available on the registered number
- If any information provided during the registration process or thereafter proves to be inaccurate, false or misleading the Participant will be disqualified and will forfeit any prize he/she is eligible for
- The Participant is responsible for activities that occur through the registered Account
Registration and Use of Password
- Management requires each user to have a unique user name and password combination in order to use the website and may also provide users with additional codes or passwords as necessary to access and use features or functions of the website
- Your user name and password are personal to you and you should not allow in any circumstance any other user to use your user name or password at any time
or for any reason whatsoever. Management shall further not be liable for any harm caused or related to the theft or misappropriation of user names or passwords, disclosure of your user name or
password or any other need to deactivate your user name or password due to security concerns and (ii) and ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session
- Passwords are issued on a personal basis. Accordingly, all content and instructions transmitted or received from anyone presenting your password on the Website will be deemed to be binding on you. You, the user, agree that you alone are responsible
and liable for any and all actions taken via your password, whether or not made with your knowledge or authority. You agree to guard your password carefully with the full awareness that any failure to keep it secure will enable others to engage in
transactions through the site for which you will be legally responsible.
- In consideration of your use of the Website, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding
contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the Indian Law or other applicable
jurisdiction. You also agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about
yourself as prompted by the Website's registration form (the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and
promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide
any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or BCCL has reasonable grounds
to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, BCCL has the right to
suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Website
(or any portion thereof). Please remember that the Website is designed to appeal to a broad audience.
Accordingly, as the legal guardian, it is your responsibility to determine whether the Website and/or its
content are appropriate for your child
You acknowledge that BCCL may, at any time, require you to verify the correctness of the information and in order to do so may require additional documentary proof from you, failing which BCCL reserves the right to suspend or terminate your registration.
Any information provided by you should be complete and truthful. BCCL is not obliged to cross check or verify information provided by you and BCCL will not take any responsibility for any outcome or consequence as a result of any incorrect information provided
by you or concealing any relevant information from BCCL
Security of the information provided
Participant's account information will be protected by a password for privacy and security. Participant has to ensure there is no unauthorized access to the Account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting the password appropriately
and limiting access to the mobile phone by signing off after accessing the Participant's Account
Registration process - Finale exam
- Times SPARK scholarship exam will include questions based on the articles published with the stamp of Times SPARK in the editions of Times of India across regions during the period from September 5 to December 4, 2017. For tips on how to read these, see the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6hucnKghOQ
- Participant should check the website for the compatible browsers prior to the Times SPARK exam
- Participant should have minimum XXX Mbps connection to be able to operate the website effectively for the Times SPARK exam
- Participant will require PC, laptop, tab or mobile phone with adequate power supply, compatible browser and strong internet connectivity
- Management and its partners cannot be held responsible for any issues the participant may face during the examination due to unforeseen and un-accounted circumstances, arising out of internet connection / power cuts during the exam duration / malfunctioning of the machine or any other natural calamities or social/civic engagements affecting the participant / or any other reason beyond the control of the Management
- Please self-verify yourself on www.timesspark.com before Nov 18, 2017 to avoid any login issues prior or during the exam. The objective is to avoid any last-minute hassles regarding your login credentials.
- You will receive a verification link on your registered email ID. A click on that link will take you to the page where you must enter username and password and then click on verify.
- Alternatively, you can directly log onto www.timesspark.com and visit the self-verification section.
- In case you have forgotten your password or both Username and Password, follow instructions in the login section.
- Date of the 2nd Mock test is 19th Nov 2017. Time: - 11 am to 11:30 am IST (30 min)
- There will be 6 passages from Times spark articles published during Sept-Nov'17.
- Each passage will be followed by 8-10 questions
- Each question will have 4 options to choose from.
- For every right answer, there is 1 positive points
- For every wrong answer, 0.5 marks will be deducted.
- No marks will be deducted for un attempted questions.
- The system will auto-save your answers. In case your internet connection breaks, you can re-login and continue from where you left.
- At the end of the 6th passage, there would be SUBMIT button. On clicking, you will be asked for a final confirmation. Post this, your answers will be submitted. In case you are unable to submit, the system by default will record your completed answers at 11:30 AM IST and calculate your scores accordingly.
- Date of the final Times SPARK Exam is January 07, 2018. Time: - 11 am to 12 pm IST (60 min). Each student is advised to login to their account page by 10.45 am to read exam guidelines on both these days
- Differently abled students will be given 75mins for the examination. Students with the following disabilities will be given extra times:-
- Vision Impairment
- Mental health conditions
- Intellectual disability
- Acquired brain injury
- Autism spectrum disorder
- The Start test button will get activated at exactly 11:00 is IST. Test will be in 'multiple choice questions' format.
- There will be 12 passages from Times spark articles published during Sept-Nov'17.
- Each passage will be followed by 8-10 questions
- Each question will have 4 options to choose from.
- For every right answer, there is 1 positive points
- For every wrong answer, 0.5 marks will be deducted
- No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions
- The system will auto-save your answers. In case your internet connection breaks, you can re-login and continue from where you left
- At the end of the 12th passage, there would be SUBMIT button. On clicking, you will be asked for a final confirmation. Post this, your answers will be submitted. In case you are unable to submit, the system by default will record your completed answers at 12 noon IST and calculate your scores accordingly.
- One Participant must have only had one submission. If multiple entries are found during due-diligence, the candidate will be disqualified from participation and no queries will be entertained in any manner
- Simultaneous login via multiple devices using same credentials is not allowed.
- You are required to check the "I agree to the T&C" checkbox, for the START TEST button to get enabled
- Candidates found using any unfair means or malpractices will be disqualified from the scholarship.
- Finalists for the interview round will be determined based on the scores of the online test Times SPARK scholarship exam to be held on January 07,2018
- Personal interviews will be conducted for the top 500-1000 students shortlisted out of the examination phase.
- Management solely reserves the right to define the number of candidates' based on the Times SPARK examination scores.
- Finalists will be called for an interview at a TOI centre as identified by the management. Management has the final say in identifying the notified centers to the Finalists. Change in venue for final round will be at the discretion of the Management. Communication to all shortlisted candidates will be shared once the interview dates are finalised
Grant of Scholarship
- Winners will be determined based on the score of personal interviews of the shortlisted candidates thereafter
- Number of winners rests with the Management and can be modified from time to time and is not contestable in any manner Up to 400 candidates to get scholarships ranging from Rs. 100,000 to Rs. 200,000 basis their examination and interview scores. These amounts will be decided by the Management and will not be contestable in any manner
- Minimum one scholarship will be granted in specific cities, in case the participants from these cities do not feature in the top 400 list, BCCL solely holds the right to define these specific cities at their discretion
- Management may decide to give additional scholarship or reduce the amount based on the level of participation and quality of performance. This is not contestable in any manner.
- Top 20 students get a chance to attend a 1 -week orientation program at Georgia-Tech or Cornell through Bennett University tie-up.
- Cost of travelling to various centers for personal interview will be borne by the participant and will not be borne by BCCL
- The management reserves the right to change the structure of the Exam as it sees fit including without limitation by adding / reducing / altering rounds to the Exam
- Participation does not guarantee the selection as a winner
- Winner selection shall be as per the sole discretion of the Management
Submission of documents
- The shortlisted participants will be required to submit the following verification documents to be eligible to collect any Prize:
- Address proof (Passport, Ration card, driver's license, Aadhar card )
- Age proof (PAN card, Driver's license)
- Parents/Guardians Identity & Address proof (PAN, Aadhar, Voter ID)
- School Certificate Report card/ School Identity Card/ Bonafide Certificate etc
- Bank account number and IFSC code
- Passbook front page/Bank a/c statement with beneficiary details
- The documents will have to be submitted at the time of Personal Interview. In case, the Management does not receive the documents at the time of interview the prize money will be forfeited
- The award of Prizes shall be subject to such verification to the full satisfaction of the Management
- Any Prizes won or accepted shall be given on an "as-is" basis and are not returnable.
- Management expressly disclaims any warranties express or implied in connection with any Prizes to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws
- All prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable
- Prizes are subject to the laws prevailing in India, including regulations as may be applicable to the winner. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained under any circumstances.
- Disbursement timelines of prize money will be at the discretion of BCCL as per its standard day-to-day operating payment procedure.
- All personal details and information requested by and supplied to the Management by each Participant must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading.
- The Management reserves the right to disqualify any Participant from the Exam at its sole discretion, should the Participant at any stage supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- If at any time, including after disbursement of prize, any information submitted by the Participant(s) is found to be incorrect, false, or otherwise misrepresented or misleading, the Participant(s) shall be liable to refund the Prize received from the Exam management
- In case the Winner(s) is / are found to be in violation of any and all Terms of the exam, the Management reserves the right to initiate legal proceedings against such person(s) including but not limited to having the concerned winner to refund the prize with penalty interest as deemed fit by the Company
- Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash
- Any prize of value in excess of INR 10,000/- in a year will attract deduction of tax at source and all taxes shall be paid by the Participant. Further, the Participant must furnish a valid Indian PAN Card copy to claim the prize, irrespective of the value of the same, failing which the prize shall be forfeited at the sole discretion of the Management.
- All prizes will be subject to TDS under the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Questions and answers
- The Management will not entertain any claims/questions/queries with respect to the authenticity or correctness of any questions and answers for the questions asked in any round of the Exam
- The Management's decision on the correctness or incorrectness of any answer is final and binding on all
Submission of documents
- The Management will not entertain any claims/questions/queries with respect to the authenticity or correctness of any questions and answers for the questions asked in any round of the Exam
- The Management's decision on the correctness or incorrectness of any answer is final and binding on all Participants
- The name of the selected winner for the Scholarship Exam will be announced in one or more platforms as deemed appropriate by the exam management
- Exam Management and its sub-contractors shall not be held accountable / liable for any disruptions, stoppages, interruptions, delays, closure or cancellation of the Exam or any part thereof or final gratification or any part of its processes due to any reasons or on account of any factors beyond its control and/or due to force majeure.
- None of the Participants shall, without the prior written approval of the Company, speak to the press or any other media or any third person, nor give any interviews or comments relating to any aspect of the Exam or write blogs, post any messages in social networking or any site including but not limited to Facebook and Google Plus. The Participant shall not disclose any information whatsoever relating to the Exam management, or the Exam to any other party.
- In case any Participant chooses to interact with the Media, then Management at its description may disqualify the Participant, and also may initiate legal action against the Participant and their guardian to recover losses, pay penalty, damages and compensation and indemnify us against any claims, expenses or liability from any person, entity or third party
- Participants may be contacted for any additional information.
- Management has the right to ask for documentary proof of information / audit the information provided. If such a request is made and the Participant does not comply within 7 working days from the date the request is made, the Participant could be disqualified from participation in the Exam.
- Information provided by the Participant will be kept confidential and will be used only for the limited purpose of evaluating the Participant's entry to the Exam and for the purpose mentioned herein below.
- If, in any State and/or territory or part thereof, the running of this exam is prohibited, the Participants from such State and/or territory or part thereof shall not be eligible to participate in the exam. No further notice shall be given by the Management, in this regard.
- Decision taken by the Management shall be final and binding on the participants of the exam. No dispute, of whatsoever nature, in this respect shall be entertained by the Management
- The participant hereby irrevocably authorizes the Management to use the data gathered during and/or after the exam in respect of the participants (including name and photograph etc.). This shall be the property of BCCL shall be entitled to use the same in its communications including marketing promotions and advertisements along with/without BCCL's brand.
- BCCL shall not be liable in any manner for any mishap, accident, injury or damages etc. of whatsoever nature, caused to the participants during the exam or any further process and not restricted to interview round and scholarship distribution. Further, BCCL will not be liable in any manner for any loss, damage, theft, or any other mishap caused during the exam
- With respect to the Website the Participant must not (i) copy, modify or distribute the website for any purpose; (ii) transfer, sublicense, lease, lend, rent or otherwise distribute the Website or the Services to any third party; (iii) decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or create derivative works of the website or the Services; (iv) make the functionality of the website or the Services available to multiple users through any means; or (v) use the Services in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms.
- The Management will not entertain and permit the Participant(s) or any of their representatives to check / audit / challenge the logic of the winner selection process/software
- At no point of time will the Exam management be obliged to notify unsuccessful Participants of its decision.
Exam, Competitions and Events:
- Any exam, competition or event organized by us on the website shall be governed by the terms stated herein and the Schedule attached hereto in addition to other terms and conditions which may be specifically applied per exam, competition or event.
- Specific terms and conditions in relation to your registration with / use of the Website and the exam(s) conducted thereon shall be in accordance with the terms and procedure as set out in Schedule hereto.
- BCCL employees, Affiliate, Partners, Contractors, Immediate family members (Children & Grand Children) and Validation agency employees who has been part of the process are refrained from participating in any weekly finale exam or event and shall stand disqualified with immediate effect and shall be liable to return the prize or benefit received and at our sole discretion pay penalty, damages and compensation and indemnify us against any claims, expenses or liability from any person, entity or third party by this act or omission of the employees or relatives
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
- BCCL, its partners, officers, directors, employees, subcontractors, agents, successors and assigns, shall not be liable for and disclaim all responsibility for any injury, liability, damages (whether special, indirect, incidental, exemplary, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever), loss of revenue, business, anticipated savings or profits, goodwill or data resulting from and arising out of use of the Website, participation in the Exam, or any way related to the unavailability of the Website or any portion thereof or your inability to access and use the Website.
- BCCL or its subsidiaries or holding entities ("BCCL Group") shall not be liable or responsible for any action or decision taken by you or anyone acting on your behalf or under your employment or having a contract with you. BCCL shall not have any obligations to you and you shall have no obligation or rights in relation to the Exam and shall have no claims whatsoever against the BCCL relating to the selection process or the running of the Exam as set out in the Schedule hereto.
- BCCL and/or its Affiliates make no warranty that:
Provision of the Website entails the likelihood of some human and machine errors, delays, interruptions and losses, including the inadvertent loss of data or damage to media and neither BCCL, its Affiliates nor the Third Party Licensors shall have any liability in this regard.
Some systems/software may not be capable of supporting the Website and you acknowledge that:-
- the contents of the Website are completely error-free and accurate or the servers that host the Website are free of viruses or harmful components;
- the specially developed features of the Website, functionalities and material shall be available at all times;
- access to the Website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free;
- the information that may be obtained from the use of the Website will be accurate or reliable;
- The quality of any information or other material obtained through the Website will meet your expectations.
BCCL shall not be responsible for any network connectivity issues faced or any incompatible equipment that may be used by you in connection with the Website.
You acknowledge that the website may feature Third Party Material from Third Party Licensors who will from time to time sponsor the Exam conducted as per Schedule 1("Sponsor"), and that BCCL shall have no liability for breach of any conditions or conflict with any terms and conditions that the Sponsor may impose upon you for participation in the Exam. BCCL shall have no liability whatsoever to you for any claims relating in any manner whatsoever to any Third Party Material. Copyright of the Third Party Material would remain exclusively with the Third Party Licensors. BCCL shall not be responsible for any mistakes which might appear in the contents of such Third Party Material. Third party contents may also be accessible via hyperlinks from the Website and BCCL does not claim any copyright on the contents appearing on such third party sites nor shall be held responsible for any mistakes which might appear therein.
BCCL shall not be responsible for delays or failures in performance of the Website due to causes beyond its reasonable control such as acts of God, acts of any Government, war or other hostility, civil disorder, the elements, fire, explosion, power failure, equipment failure, failure of internet gateways, industrial or labour dispute, inability to obtain essential supplies and the like.
BCCL accepts advertising material sent by third parties for display on the Website. Advertisers are responsible for ensuring that the material submitted by them complies with applicable law. BCCL disclaims any liability as to the contents of such advertising material. BCCL further reserves the right to change, suspend or omit any advertisement at its absolute discretion.
BCCL may use any information submitted by you to the Website at its discretion and necessity of use
BCCL shall not be responsible for:
- appropriate investigations into the necessary systems/software required to support your use of the Website have been made;
- That performance of the Website may vary with equipment and telecommunications links with which it is used.
- any delivery, failures relating to the registration process;
- any spam generated messages as result of you accessing the Website;
- BCCL not receiving registration details;
- any lost, late or misdirected computer transmission or network, electronic failures of any kind or any failure to receive entries owing to transmission failures or due to any technical reasons; and
- Other conditions/situations or failures beyond its control
Ownership of Intellectual Property
- The contents featured on the Websites, including all software, design, text, images, photographs, illustrations, audio and video material, artwork, items, graphic material, databases, Website software, proprietary information and all copyrightable or otherwise legally protectable elements of the Website, including, without limitation, the selection, sequence and 'look and feel'/arrangement of items, and all trademarks, service marks and trade names (both individually and/or collectively, "Content"), are the property of BCCL, and also any of their successors and assigns and any of their respective licensors, Advertisers (as defined below), suppliers, and service providers whom are legally protected, without limitation, under applicable Law
- You agree that you shall not take recourse against BCCL for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary rights. If you, at any stage believe that the Content constitutes infringement of another person's intellectual property rights, you shall be required to communicate the same to BCCL at the earliest.
Participant agrees to indemnify and hold BCCL and its affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of the content you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Website, your use of the Website, your connection to the Website, or your violation of any rights of another.
No Re-Use Of Website
Participant agrees not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Website (including your BCCL ID), use of the Website, or access to the Website.
Modifications to Website
BCCL reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that BCCL shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Website.
Participant agrees that BCCL may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your BCCL account, any associated email address, and access to the Website. Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to, (a) breaches or violations of the ToU or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) a request by you (self-initiated account deletions), (d) discontinuance or material modification to the Website (or any part thereof), (e) unexpected technical or security issues or problems, (f) engagement by you in fraudulent or illegal activities, and/or (g) non-payment of any fees owed by you in connection with the Website. Termination of your BCCL account includes (a) removal of access to all offerings within the Website, including but not limited to BCCL mail, groups, chat, domains, competition and games, (b) deletion of your password and all related information, files and content associated with or inside your account (or any part thereof), and (c) barring of further use of the Website
Disclaimer of Warranties
You hereby expressly agree and undertake that:
- Participant's use of the Website is at your sole risk. The Website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. BCCL and its affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- BCCL and its affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors make no warranty that (i) the Website will meet your requirements; (ii) the Website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free; (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Website will be accurate or reliable; (iv) the quality of any services, information or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Website will meet your expectations; and (v) any errors in the software will be corrected.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Website is accessed at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
- BCCL has no obligation to screen the registration details in advance, and is not responsible for monitoring the registration process for the purpose of preventing violation of intellectual property ownership rights, or violations of any law, rule or regulation. If BCCL is notified of submissions or materials that may not conform to the Terms, it may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and in its sole discretion whether to eliminate such an account from consideration .BCCL has no liability or responsibility to the Participants for performance or non-performance of such activities.
- BCCL makes no warranty regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of the content or any data / information uploaded on the Website. No claim shall be brought against BCCL if the content or any data / information uploaded on the Website are untrue, incorrect, misleading or incomplete.
- Any information provided by you to us, whether at the stage of registration or during anytime subsequently, should be complete and truthful.
- Prior to participating in the Exam, you shall be responsible to satisfy yourself about the legality of participating in the exam is in the jurisdiction from where you are accessing the Website
- Participant represents that you have the experience and the requisite skills required to participate in the Activity and that you are not aware of any physical or mental condition that would impair your capability to fully participate in the Activity. You further acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any consequence resulting from your participating in this Activity or being associated with this Activity or around this Activity. You understand that BCCL assumes no liability or responsibility for any financial loss that you may sustain as a result of participation in the Activity
- Participant understands and accepts that your participation in the Exam does not create any obligation on us to give you a prize. Your winning a prize is entirely dependent on your skill and subject to the terms of the Exam / Website
- Participant understands and agrees that you are solely responsible for all content posted, transmitted, uploaded or otherwise made available on the Website / website by you. All content posted by you must be legally owned by or licensed to you. By publishing any content on the Website / website, you agree to grant us a royalty-free, world-wide, non-exclusive, perpetual and assignable right to use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, edit, translate, create derivative works from, transmit, distribute, publicly display, and publicly perform your content and to use such content in any related marketing materials produced by us or our affiliates. Such content may include, without limitation, your name, username, location, messages, gender or pictures. You also understand that you do not obtain any rights, legal or equitable, in any material incorporating your content. You further agree and acknowledge that BCCL has the right to use in any manner whatsoever, all communication or feedback provided by you.
- Participant shall not hold BCCL responsible for not being able to participate in the Exam, for which you may be eligible to participate. This includes, but is not limited to situations where you are unable to log into your user account as your user account may be pending validation or you may be in suspected or established violation of any of the terms
- Participant understand and accept that by viewing or using the Website or participating in the Exam, or using communication features on the Website, you may be exposed to content posted by other users which you may find offensive, objectionable or indecent. You may bring such content posted by other users to our notice that you may find offensive, objectionable or indecent and we reserve the right to act upon it as we may deem fit. The decision taken by us on this regard shall be final and binding on you.
- Participant undertakes that you will not use any external assistance in participating in the Exam and strictly adhere to the terms of the Exam as set out in the Schedule hereto. You shall not add unauthorized components, use cheats or hacks use bots or any other third party software that will modify the Website or the Exam in any manner. You further agree that you will not form teams with other participants or collude with other third parties in any manner while participating in the Exam. BCCL reserves the right to initiate appropriate proceedings in the event any cheating or collusion id detected by us.
- BCCL may elect to resolve any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this ToU or our websites by binding arbitration in accordance with the provisions of the Indian Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party.
- Either you or BCCL may seek any interim or preliminary relief from a court of competent jurisdiction exclusively in Mumbai, India, necessary to protect the rights or the property of yours or BCCL (or its agents, suppliers, and subcontractors), pending the completion of arbitration.
- The language of the arbitration shall be English.
- All disputes relating to or arising out of the Exam shall be subject to the laws of India, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of competent jurisdiction at Mumbai
- Times SPARK will be hosted with the start and end dates as decided by BCCL. BCCL reserves the right to modify, cancel, discontinue or terminate Times SPARK at any time or to accept or reject any or all entries at their absolute discretion without giving any prior notice and without assigning any reasons whatsoever. Decision of BCCL will be final and binding on all participants and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Times SPARK may change the Terms and Conditions of participation at any time without prior notice. The amended Terms and Conditions of Entry will be effective immediately upon being posted on the website. Important changes to the Terms and Conditions may be highlighted on the website www.timesspark.com for your convenience; however, you acknowledge that it is your sole responsibility to regularly visit the website to read any changes to the Terms and Conditions
- Participants hereby agree not to provide or make known his/her e-mail address to any other person for facilitating such person's access and unauthorized use.
- Participant hereby agrees that all content herein is the sole property of BCCL and/or its Times SPARK partners.
- Participants hereby agree that upon posting Information or conducting Communications, he/she grants BCCL and its successors and assigns a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, unrestricted license under your copyrights or other intellectual property rights in such Information or Communications, if any, to use, license, sub-license, adapt, distribute, display, publicly perform, reproduce, transmit, modify, edit and create derivative works from such material in any and all media, in any manner, in whole or in part, now known or hereafter developed without any duty to account to the participant.
- Participant hereby waives all rights to any claim against BCCL or its affiliates and Times SPARK partners for any alleged or actual infringement of any proprietary rights, rights of privacy and publicity, moral rights, and rights of attribution about such Information or Communications.
- Participant grants BCCL the right to authorize the downloading and printing of such Information or Communications, or any portion thereof, by other users for their use.
- Participant hereby agrees that BCCL may, in their sole discretion, terminate or suspend his/her access to all or part of Times SPARK for any reason, including without limitation breach of these Terms and Conditions (or any subsequent modifications hereof)
- Participant hereby agrees that BCCL, its affiliates, and any independent contractor and Times SPARK partners engaged by BCCL to assist in moderating Times SPARK, shall not be liable in any way, and the participant hereby also agrees to indemnify and hold harmless The Economic Times/BCCL, its affiliates, and any independent contractor and Times SPARK partners to assist in moderating the Times SPARK, from any claim, demand, proceeding, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) made by any third party relating to or arising out of
- your use of this site or any information, products, services or software available on or through this site;
- your breach of these Terms and Conditions or other improper act or omission by you;
- any inaccuracy, error or delay in, or omissions of
- any such data or information on the Times SPARK or
- the transmission or delivery of any such data or information;
- unauthorized access;
- theft; or
- any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by
The Exam is valid for residents of Indian nationals
Participant agrees that the Participant is legally capable of entering and, if selected, participating in the Exam and agree to the Terms and that Participant is competent (i.e. Participant are of legal age and mental capacity) and eligible to enter into this legally binding agreement on Participant/Participants organization's behalf
The successful participants shall be responsible for any additional, incidental expenses required to be incurred to avail and participate in the Exam. All taxes, insurances, and other incidental and related expenses as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the Participants sole responsibility
Participant understands and agrees that merely registering for this Exam does not entitle the Participant to a prize or to any other form of consideration
Participant warrants and represents to the Exam Management that all information including any communications, software, photos, text, video, graphics, music, sounds, images and other material submitted by the Participant for consideration for the Exam are solely owned by the Participant or are provided with the express authority of the applicable owner(s) and do not infringe upon any other individual or organizational rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights). Participant shall be completely responsible for handling any infringement or alleged infringement and shall indemnify the BCCL Entities (in India or abroad), and the Exam management from any claims, costs or damages from infringement or alleged infringement of the logo or trademark or the defence of a claim or any costs payable thereof
Participant must enter the Exam at their own will and the Exam management or BCCL are not in any way obligated or liable for any loss or costs that the Participant may suffer or incur and nothing is payable to the Participants for participating in the Exam or any event prior to or following the Exam.
Participants and winners by participating in the Exam, automatically grants BCCL a royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide, non-transferable, non-exclusive right and license to use and display such information, for participation in the Exam, and any intellectual property in relation to and arising out of such participation in the Exam and footage thereof, which shall include trade publications, press releases, electronic posting to the Website, website any display format selected by BCCL during the Exam or use by BCCL as it deems fit
The Exam Management reserves the right to, at its discretion, withdraw or amend or add to the Terms of the Exam at any time, with prospective or retrospective effect, and does not take responsibility for any loss or damage that any individual or organization may suffer as a result of participating or attempting to participate in the Exam, the Exam being withdrawn or its Terms amended.
All disputes relating to or arising out of the Exam shall be subject to the laws of India, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of competent jurisdiction at Mumbai.
The Participants indemnify BCCL, its employees, officers, contractors, partner or other persons used by them in relation to this exam and hold them harmless against any loss, claim, demands, costs, damages, judgments, expenses or liability (including legal costs) arising out of or in connection with any or all claims, that may be brought against the Exam Management or BCCL by any third party in connection with the Participants participation in or winning the Exam, which is inconsistent with any of the warranties and representations made by the Participants , or due to breach of these Terms and shall reimburse BCCL for any loss, costs, expense, or damage to which said indemnity applies. BCCL shall give the Participant prompt written notice of any claim or actions covered by this indemnity, and the Participant shall have the right, at its own expense, to participate in any such action.
Decision of Exam Management on all matters is final and binding on all Participants and no correspondence will be entertained on the same.
In the event these Terms do not cover any question or complaint in relation to the Exam, the same will be concluded on by the Exam management
The Participant agrees to give full consent unconditionally for BCCL to share any information provided by the Participant with agencies working with them with regards to the exam
The decision of BCCL in relation to the interpretation of any of these Terms shall be final and binding on the participants.
If Participants are unclear as to the Terms or any element of the Exam or have any queries/concerns pertaining to the Exam, they can write in with their questions, concerns or queries on email@example.com
- any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission;
- non-performance or
- interruption of any such data or information due either to any negligent act or omission by the Times SPARK or BCCL or to any "force majeure" (i.e., flood, extraordinary weather conditions, earthquake, or other act of God, fire, war, insurrection, riot, labour dispute, accident, action of government, communications power failure, or equipment or software malfunction) or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of BCCL
Website related terms
- BCCL or its subsidiaries or holding entities ("Times Group") are not liable or responsible for any action or decision taken by Participant or anyone acting on Participant's behalf or under Participant employment or under contract with Participant. BCCL shall not be under any obligation to Participant and Participant shall have no obligation or rights in relation to the Exam and shall have no claims whatsoever against the BCCL relating to the selection process or the running of the Exam.
- For better connectivity, Participant must attempt the exam on PC, laptop, tab or mobile phone with appropriate internet connection. Exam management will not be held responsible for any network connectivity issues faced
- BCCL shall not be responsible for:
- any delivery, failures relating to the registration process;
- any SPAM generated messages as result of Participant accessing the Website;
- Exam management not receiving registration details;
- any lost, late or misdirected computer transmission or network, electronic failures of any kind or any failure to receive entries owing to transmission failures or due to any technical reasons and
- Other conditions/situations or failures beyond its control.
Exam management may terminate Participant access to and use of the Services, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to the Participant.
Participant can submit your comments, suggestions for improvement of our services by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Exam management makes no warranty that the Services will meet the requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. Exam management makes no warranty regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any Content.
Exam Management has no obligation to screen the registration details in advance, and is not responsible for monitoring the registration process for the purpose of preventing violation of intellectual property ownership rights, or violations of any law, rule or regulation. If Exam management is notified of submissions or materials that may not conform to the Terms, it may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and in its sole discretion whether to eliminate such an account from consideration .
The Exam management has no liability or responsibility to the Participants for performance or non-performance of such activities.
- BCCL and its affiliates and Times SPARK partners shall not be liable to you or any third party for any claims related to your termination from the Times SPARK.
- BCCL is providing this Times SPARK website and its contents on an "as is" basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this website or the content, information and materials contained within or accessible through this site, including without limitation, that they are accurate, complete or current.
- BCCL's decision will be final and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. The entries shall be the sole property of BCCL, who shall be free to use the same for any promotional or other activities in future.
- BCCL holds no warranty and makes no representation regarding the quality of the prizes, if any. All the prizes will fall under the standard terms and conditions for warranty as defined by the concerned Company by whom the gratification is sponsored/ manufactured. Winners of the Prizes shall be bound by the terms and conditions as communicated to them by the respective sponsors.
- Participants are solely responsible for any expenses incurred in participating in the Times SPARK or in the acceptance and use of the prizes. BCCL and sponsors shall not be responsible for any loss or damages suffered by the winners while availing the offer
- BCCL & Group Company employees and their children cannot participants in the program
- BCCL reserves the right to contact participants for various promotions & offers